Monday, November 5, 2007

Chair resigns

Charlie is asking the chair to resign.



Charlie: I'm sorry, but you just haven't performed.


Chair: I tried. I really tried my best. I threw myself into it.


Charlie: I'm sorry Chair. It's hard to face this. But billions in shareholders' money lost in write-downs. Resigning is the honorable thing to do. You've just got to do it.


Chair: Just a bit longer. The end of the year. This strategy of going into umbrellas will really work. Believe me. I got this big merger with Barings I am sure will pull everything straight.

Charlie: This isn't the sort of place people can just sit around. You got to get up and walk around.


Chair: OK. I get the picture. The long and the short of it is you don't want a four-legged chair, you want a two-legged chair, is that it? You sacking the chair, right?


Charlie: I never said that. You're putting words in my mouth.



...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home