Saturday, October 27, 2007

Maitake and Amanita

Ernie and Bert are up on Mount Takao for the day.

...

Ernie: Leave the bikes by the trees.

Bert: No bears?

Ernie: Stop fantasizing. Maitake to my left. Gather.

Bert: What’s the red one?

Ernie: Dummy. That’s amanita. Its death cap causes half of all mushroom deaths. Leave it alone.

Bert: Oh damp and gloomy days, conclusions grow up inside me like fungus.

Ernie: Now what?

Bert: I feel a cold coming on.

Ernie: Quit the dramatics. Maitake will take care of the cold. Barbecued with butter and soy sauce. Ten minutes should see us with a bucketful.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Zen said...

This dialogue borders on the hallucinatory. Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street gathering Maitake somewhere in the Japanese hinterland?

Reminds me of this dream I had recently. I was hanging in the Ferg car park with some friends, talking about cars or movies or something, and then along comes...Shinto Abe.

He was imppeccably dressed, but looked forlorn and lost. I was on the verge of going up to him and asking if he needed directions, when I was stopped by the utter shamefulness of his resignation. How could I let my friends see me talking to such a person?

For the rest of that week - in my waking state - I felt unpleasantly guilty that I had not talked to him.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Zen said...

Shinzo Abe of course, not Shinto. I wouldn't be surprise if he was Shinto though.

 
At October 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Barry Natusch said...

I just heard he was seen yesterday driving a red Toyota up Moonshine Valley Road, and stopped to ask directions to the terrorist training camp. I'd check to see if your car is still parked at Ferg.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home