Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Retirement talk


Hiroshi and Akira are on Monday afternoon reception duty, there isn’t a lot of activity, Hiroshi sighs and says:

Hiroshi: I’m going to retire next year.

Akira: No you’re not.

Hiroshi: Yes I am.

Akira: You say that every year. And you never do.

Hiroshi: Next year for sure. The pension funds are collapsing and I’m exhausted with commuting. And I have enough saved up.

Akira: So what will you do? B&B from a log cabin?

Hiroshi: It’s not such a bad idea. City people just don’t take time to communicate properly. So busy barking on their cell phones moving meetings and recycling rumors.

Akira: People in the country are dangerous, too. Look, every year you read about someone who goes mad because the solitude gets to them so they throw the gun in the back of the 4WD and drive into the village and take out someone at the local sushi bar.

Hiroshi: Are you telling me I should rethink?

Akira: Put it off for another year.

Hiroshi: Another year. Just for you. Then I’ll go.

Akira: I’ll believe it when I see it.

...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home