Friday, October 12, 2007

Inauspicious

Gordon D.G. has applied for a job with a law firm. A senior parter, Simpson G, calls GDG in for a quick preliminary interview.

Simpson: Thanks for coming in. Can I get you something? A coffee perhaps?


GDG: Pellegrini, thanks, con gaz.


Simpson. We’re out of gas. Sorry. Plain?


GDG: Plain’s great.


Simpson: Now, I know you're a busy man, and your credentials speak for themselves. But could we just ask some background questions?


GDG: Sure.


Simpson: What is your main reason for applying to work in Homerville?


GDG: My wife got a job here at a local 7-11 so I thought I'd relocate.


Simpson: Ah, hmm, good. Just a couple of things from your c.v. You were an adviser to the Saudi Arabian Taxation Committee from 1995 to 2001. What changes did you initiate in that role?


GDG: Er, well. In a word, none, actually. There isn't any tax in Saudi Arabia. To speak of. Only the zakat.


Simpson: OK. Any hobbies?


GDG: Hmm. Potted geraniums is my big thing at the moment.


Simpson: Thanks, Gordon. That's about all for today. We'll be in touch.
...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home