Saturday, October 6, 2007

Because it's there

She's been up Kinabalu, she’s going paragliding on Monday, she has a summer plan involving an even higher elevation.
...

Noboriryu: Next summer? Thought I might go to Everest.

Fossil: Climb it?

Noboriryu: A bit of it. Like get up to base camp.

Fossil: What elevation’s it at?

Noboriryu: More than 5,000.

Fossil: OK, a bit more than Kinabalu. You wouldn’t strike out for the summit?

Noboriryu: I think not.

Fossil: Good idea. By the way, why is it that you like heights? Paragliding one week, Everest the next?

Noboriryu: New. Challenge. Come too.

Fossil: Me? Ha! I know my limits.

...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Zen said...

I tried climbing the side of the vet tower a couple of weeks ago. Very hard work. Gave up halfway and was thoroughly annoyed that I couldn't reach the top. That kind of climbing takes a huge amount of arm and leg strength even to stay in the same place, let alone move up. I scratched my hands and legs, was dripping blood everywhere, and perplexingly even my face was scratched. I must have been using even my face to climb at some point.

 
At October 7, 2007 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Zen said...

Nice photo :o)

 
At October 7, 2007 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Barry Natusch said...

Now, that climb would have made a dramatic photo. The vet tower receding below a pair of feet, a closeup of a face sporting grazes and daubed in the red stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home