Thursday, March 8, 2007

Dull blog


“Penny for your thoughts.”

“Give me more than that I’ll tell all. But I AM thinking. I’m thinking about what to write.”

“Don’t have a subject?”

“Plenty of topics, but they all need more time. Maybe I’ll end up writing something like, ‘I thought about what to write. I wrote something and then shut down the computer and went to bed.'”

“A parody of a report?”

“There ARE blogs that are parodies of blogs, you know.”

“I know one, I know one. It’s dull something…”

“Yeah. 'The Dullest Blog in the World' it's called. Oddly, it's dullism in extremis so bits of it are pretty funny. Like when he's talking about a pen. 'I was sitting on a chair in the living room. My pen was lying on the table. I reached out my hand and picked up the pen.'"

“Huh. Sounds about as exciting as an English lesson.”

Satire is a lesson, parody is a game.
Vladimir Nabokov

Max Headroom, if overly exposed, could end up as just another Muppet. Nothing would be more distressing than to witness a brilliant parody of TV turn into a TV cliche.
Harry F. Waters


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home