Monday, February 26, 2007

Night Driving



"I'm getting too old to drive five hours without a break. Let's stop at Cambridge for dinner."

"I don't mind, but then darkness will come down and you know, a fifty year old driver needs twice as much light to see as well as a thirty year old."

"Food might help me see better."

"Food could also make you sleepy. All that blood suddenly being diverted from your brain to your stomach."

"I know a good place. A bowl of mussels wouldn't hurt."

"Vision is SEVERELY limited at night. Believe me, I KNOW this stuff. Perception of depth, peripheral vision, ability to recognize colors, that all goes out the window."

"Glenn Gould used to drive all night. Humming and listening to the radio and stopping to phone friends."

Three minute silence.

"Did you say mussels?"

"I did. Big steaming bowl of twenty or more. Served with mustard sauce."

"No use driving weak and hungry."

"Love of mussels! Triumph of feeling over intellect."
...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home