Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yevgenia Krasnova

Bill has only just begun Taleb’s Black Swan and Ray disabuses him of one of his assumptions.

...

Bill: You’ve read the Black Swan?

Ray: I have.

Bill: Just begun it but I particularly like the story of this woman neuroscientist who wrote a book but no publisher would touch it, it didn’t seem to be either fact or fiction, so she put it on the Internet and there a publisher found it and he published it and before long her book was out in 40 languages. Just shows, the “experts” are not always right. Great story!

Ray: Great story, indeed. I suspect you have only read up to the chapter on Yevgenia.

Bill: That’s right. How did you know?

Ray: If you turn the page, you’ll find a footnote. “To those readers who Googled Yevgenia Krasnova, I am sorry to say that she is (officially) a fictional character."

...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I object! I, Yevgenia Nikolayevna Krasnova, am one of the best-known female Russian writers of the 21st century. Recently I was denoted the second most frequently read young writer under the age of 55 in Russian Federation (see Argumenti i Fakti No. 36 2006-12-18). I was similarly nominated as the writer of the highest quotation in 2006 by Literaturnaya Gazeta. These claims of my non-existence are now really getting on my nerves. They are perpetrated by sophists and are utterly Kafkaesque. If you require a formal, irrefutable proof of my existence, please visit

http://yevgeniakrasnova.com/

and read my books.

Yours,
YNK

 
At December 30, 2008 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Nelnik said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Flying Spaghetti Monster said...

I am very impressed with your logic Yevgenia. Similarly, one of the many proofs of my existance is that I have a web-site: http://flyingspaghettimonster.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home