Thursday, January 31, 2008

Towel, Bowel, Howel

Pompado inquires at the office if there is any news of a missing friend, who goes by a generic Welsh name. The office girl, Komeko, has difficulty recalling him.

...

Komeko: Your friend’s name is?

Pompado: Howel.

Komeko: Towel?

Pompado: Howel.

Komeko: Sorry, I can’t recall all those part-timer’s names. Bowel you say his name was?

Pompado: He’s not a part-timer. He’s a fool-timer. Name is Howel. H-O-W-E-L. One “l” or two I can’t remember, he’s been away so long. “Ha” as in “How long?”

Komeko: Howel. Oh I recall now. He went away.

Pompado: That’s the one. About a year ago.

Komeko: I vaguely recall. Ah, yes, the one that sent me all those photographs of Namibia.

Pompado: Why’d he do that?

Namiko: I’d been to Lesotho. He thought I’d be interested.

Pompado: And were you?

Komeko: Interested? I liked the one of him up a tree with an angry rhino down below. Cute.

Pompado: The rhino?

Komeko: No, Bowel up the tree.

...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home