Saturday, September 22, 2007

Timbuktu

Scene 77 of Into Africa. Aminata is telling Mariam about her latest entrepreneurial scheme.
...

Aminata: I’m going back when I finish school here.

Mariam: To Timbuktu?

Aminata: To my mother’s town. Djenne.

Mariam: But…

Aminata: It’s more than just the mosque and mud bricks, you know.

Mariam: You’re going to make clay ovens!

Aminata: No, no. I’m going to start a money transfer office.

Mariam: Last week it was a mobile phone network. Given that up?

Aminata: I need capital. So I figure the money transfer office will generate funds to start the mobile phone network.

Mariam: I don’t know. Hare-brained, you are. You must decide where you are going in the evening if you intend to leave early in the morning.Two weeks ago you were starting a newspaper using mobile phone reporters, this week it's money transfer. Where do you get all these ideas?

Aminata: The Timbuktu Chronicles.

...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home