Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Journey around my Room


Bella and Vanessa meet on the set of a film version of A Thousand Places to See Before You Die.
...
Bella: How was your summer?

Vanessa: I was in hospital for a week having my knee done. Otherwise it was OK. Where d’you go?

Bella: I worked right through. Saving up my time off.

Vanessa: Rotten?

Bella: Not at all. As you know, there are 14 stations between my office and home, so I thought of a holiday on the cheap while physically inhabiting the parallel universe of work each day.

Vanessa: Physically?

Bella: Sure. I got off the train at a different station between work and home every night for dinner and then explored the neighborhood. I started close to work and after two weeks I could have dinner near home.

Vanessa: There’s an easier option for a cheap holiday. Read Journey round my Room by Xavier de Maistre.
....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home