Thursday, October 9, 2008

Free music

Belinda is looking for a new mobile phone which has decent music playing capabilities.
...

Victoria: Nokia's CWM comes with a year of free music downloads.

Belinda: Not exactly free. I heard they build the cost of the music fees into the cost of the handset.

Victoria: Most young people expect music to be free. Except in Japan.

Belinda: Japanese will pay for music downloads?

Victoria: I asked a group of 15 Japanese students, "Do you pay for music or download it for free?" And all of them said, "I pay," "I pay," "I pay."

Belinda: They must be rich.

Victoria: And then, after class, I'm chatting with one of them and she tells me privately, "None of us actually pay for music. They all just told you they did. They download for free, same as people in other countries."

Belinda: Honne and tatemae!

...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home