Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cloning and much of a muchness

Eric and Wallace are having a drink on the balcony.

...
Eric: Today I met a charming young lady and paid her 900 for an hour's work. You can guess her profession.

Wallace: Charming young lady and 900 for an hour's work? Hmm. (a) a lawyer (b) a doctor (c) bank teller (d) reality show star. Hmm, good exam question.

Eric: If only it were only an exam question. But I kid you not. The price was painfully real.

Wallace: Joking aside, this sounds like your doctor. Had your burned leg turned to septicemia?

Eric: No, it was the fee to the process the condo title.

Wallace: Now, if you were a cat...

Eric: Which thank heavens I'm not...

Wallace: As I was saying, if you were a cat, your owner would take care of all the vet bills, the rent and legal fees.

Eric: I am not a cat.

Wallace: The medical fees you rack up make me think it'd be cheaper to register yourself as a cat.

Eric: Maybe it's be cheaper for me to clone myself then harvest the other me for body parts.

Wallace: Grow a clone of yourself? How do you plan on doing that? Pull a rib out of your side and water it? Ha!

Eric: They've done it in North Korea. Or is it just that everyone looks the same there?

Wallace: Hmm. Is it culturally insensitive to describe the denizens of Great Leader's country as all being much of a muchness?

...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home