Monday, April 21, 2008

Statler and Waldorf on gentlemen's clubs

Statler and Waldorf are a little confused between the old and the new connotations of gentlemen's clubs.

Statler: Tell me about your retirement plans!

Waldorf: Who knows? Plans are fickle things. Yesterday I was thinking about Uruguay because they don’t have such an aging population or such high tax.

Statler: That was yesterday.

Waldorf: Yes. Today, I am thinking, well maybe Palmerston North wouldn’t be so bad, it’s got a lot of wind and rain so we could future-proof ourselves against power and water there maybe? Nice place to sit indoors. I dream of a nice club or maybe coffee shop somewhere you and I could have a game of chess or go wuff wuff behind our newspapers.

Statler: Umm. By club, do you mean the old sort or the new sort?

Waldorf: Whatever do you mean?

Statler: Well, the old sort were the kind where men could go to get away from females in general but now clubs seem to mean the opposite.

Waldorf: Aah. Well, we are of an age where I think we mean the former. Don’t we?

Statler: Do we?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home