Sunday, April 13, 2008

Imaginary conversation

At a Psych conference Sigmund is having what he thinks is an imaginary conversation with Johann.

Sigmund: Thank you very much for your comments about my paper. Encourage someone and they don’t forget you.

Johann: I know, when I said I wanted to leave academia and go into practice, people criticized me for it, it didn’t help me find my way.

Sigmund: And is the way coming clearer?

Johann: It’ll take a while. I am never really sure I am headed in the right direction.

Sigmund: I’ll let you know a secret. You can keep a secret? I am sometimes never sure whether the person I am speaking to actually exists.

Johann: I exist.

Sigmund: If you say so. I certainly have a convincing impression that you are standing here. But I am not sure whether this is actually me standing here. It’s just that people are beginning to inhabit my head and start chatting to each other in there.

...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home