Monday, April 28, 2008

Dismissal

Edith, a fighter for cost-cutting on the social committee, finds herself ousted by a vote of no-confidence. Bewidered, she asks Eric, another member, why.

...
Eric: I didn't vote for dismissal.
Edith: Two people supported me but eight people voted for my dismissal.
Eric: They all went with the chair.
Edith: I had the data. The funds have been misused. They had no argument.
Eric: Perhaps the chair has something to hide. Maybe because you dig up the dirt, you make a grave for yourself.
Edith: It's because they don't like me. I know I'm pushy, I bring these issues out in the open.
Eric: Not to be too blunt, but if you stuck to the facts, didn't go over your allotted time, didn't accuse them of not liking you, the vote could have gone against the chair. You had the data, you just missed getting them on your side.
...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home