Saturday, February 14, 2009

New coffee shop

Juliska, standing outside her shop, is trying hard to make a go of her new business in a new country.

...

Juliska: Come in my shop?

Henrietta: Is it coffee?

Juliska: We make coffee good. Only use beans two times. Not more. Like some.

Henrietta: Okay. A flat white.

Juliska: No flat white. That is not coffee. You will have an espresso.

Henrietta: OK. OK. I sorry. I mean, I’m sorry. An espresso. You from?

Juliska: Hungary.

Henrietta: Uh-huh. Been here long?

Juliska: Two year.

Henrietta: You like it here?

Juliska: Is good. Safe.

Henrietta: Safe, huh? I’m burgled once a year. But Hungary is nice, no?

Juliska: Is good. Good place to visit. Here I feel safe.

Henrietta: Yeah. You said.

Juliska: Before when we were communist, it was OK. Now, everything not OK. Corruption, robbery. Is not Hungary now.

...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home