Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coincidence

Jena tells Bill she got bad luck from an email. Bill has rational explanations.

...

Jena: I got an email, a chain email, that said if you don’t pass this on in 6 minutes something unpleasant will happen.


Bill: What rubbish.


Jena: Rubbish, yes. Especially when it seemed to come from some inspirational charlatan speaker, you know the kind.


Bill: Don’t send any of those chain mails to me. Unless they’re in a good cause. Trash ‘em.


Jena: I did. Then tonight something unpleasant did happen. I was eating some nuts and leaned over the balcony, and cracked a tooth and lost it.


Bill: It fell down 22 floors?


Jena: I guess. Only I couldn’t find it on the ground. Maybe the wind took it. I almost started believing that chain mail.


Bill: Coincidence. You didn’t eat nuts because you read the letter. The nuts broke your tooth, not the letter. And everyone has something annoying happen everyday.

...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2008 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Zen said...

Stuff like having your car hit by a flying four-by-four when its parked in your own driveway...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home