Saturday, May 30, 2009

Carrying a camera

...

Today I visited Yodobashi Camera.

I have a camera but it had no case.

You can carry a camera bag (1) in your hand, (2) over your shoulder, (3) on your back, or (4) around your waist.

I think carrying a camera (5) on your foot would be tricky.

Bags carried on one side of your body (1 in your hand and 2 over your shoulder) alter your body symmetry.

Carried on your back (3), a load gives you a stiff neck and shoulders.

And a decent-sized single lens reflex camera slung around from your belt (4) may be OK at a slow stroll but can throw you in a ditch at anything approaching a brisk trot.

I ended up rejecting hand-helds, back-packs and fanny-bags.

Fell back on a neoprene softcase so I can carry the camera inside a day-pack with an internal frame and waist support straps.

Body symmetry is preserved. Shoulders only lightly loaded. Weight is transferred to the hips. And in the frame pack I can carry a notebook and lunch as well.

...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home