Sunday, June 8, 2008

Innermost thoughts

Gerald met an old acquaintance yesterday, who Jim also knows.

Gerald: I saw Wellington yesterday.


Jim: Haven’t seen him for years. Still living around here?


Gerald: Couldn’t avoid him. Called my name. You ever get into conversation with someone who just goes on and on, spilling everything that’s in his mind?


Jim: I know. They tell you their innermost thoughts. And leave you exhausted trying to figure out how to respond.


Gerald: Wellington’s like that. Doesn’t follow conversational conventions. Comes out with things like, “I know you never liked me…” or “I look like a total jerk, I’m so fat…”


Jim: So how long did you spend with him?


Gerald: Two hours. Couldn’t get away. Got home totally drained.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home