Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday 13

It's...

Friday...


Yes, the 13th. Aren't you afraid?


Not much. I tread carefully but I did get out of bed. I got through the day with no more than a trouser tear so far. I wasn't intending to fly or drive or start a new piece of needlework or lay down the keel of a new fishing boat, or get married today so I didn't need to take avoiding action on those activities. Where does all this nonsense come from?


13th disciple, Judas, last supper, held on a Frday?


Bah. More of your numeracy superstitions. Like your 777 last week. Did you see that none of the tickets with 7 in them won anything? All the lucky numbers on that day were sixes or threes or twos.


OK. I'm a slow learner. But did you know that hundreds of millions of dollars are lost when the thirteenth falls on a Friday in the US because people put their heads in the sand, won't do business, won't fly like normal.
...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home