Friday, May 18, 2007

School closes Part Two

I went into school this morning and Shimizu san and the office staff were wearing masks.
Well it is a contagious disease.
But they’ve all had it when they were kids.
Anyway, they shouted at me in unison, "Get out of here! Go home!"
But you don’t have a home. You’re just camping here.
I told them, I'm between houses. And I asked "How long for?" and Shimizu san said sort of muffled like, behind the mask, "It's not measles, it's more serious, it's tinnitus and we have to close the school until September.
So what are you going to do?
I know it’s a bit of an imposition to stay here trying to do some work in your place. So I wonder if maybe I should leave the country for a bit.
Any ideas?
Somewhere with good Internet connections. Libraries, universities. Few distractions. I was thinking is Phuket a tinnitus-free area?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home