Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I want to be an interpreter


You from round here?

You mean, my country?

Yes, where you come from?

The northeast. Near Vietnam.

Far?

Not far, but far. I am here for my schooling. First I am monk. Now I am waiter. I save money, learn interpreter.

What languages do you speak?

Lao, Thai, Vietnamese, English. Also a little French.

How old are you?

Twenty, sir.

You learned these languages at high school?

At high school. You have map? Here, Xan Nua.

Your village?

No, high school. My village is only four houses. 20 kilometers more, up a mountain valley.

You go home often?

Oh no, sir. One year one time.

And you go by bus?

To Xan Nua then walk. Have small road but my family are farmers, not have telephone. So I walk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home